Activating a Classifier for Satellite or SMS
Note: This article is relevant to the installation of Guardian devices using Satellite OR SMS only.
This article will guide you how to activate a classifier in the Companion app that must be performed during device installation when using satellite or SMS. There are 2 steps to activating a classifier:
- Download the classifier from server to your phone
- Upload classifier to the Guardian device
Step 1: Download Classifier
Before you go out to the field to deploy the Guardian device with Companion app, you must download the classifier(s) in your phone while you have good internet connection. Please make sure your phone memory has sufficient free space (at least 100MB per classifier).
To download the classifier:
1. Ensure you are logged in to the Companion app
2. Go to Profile and select Classifier
3. Click "Download" button. You can download more than one classifier but only one classifier will be downloaded at a time.
When the classifier is completely downloaded, the "Download" button will be replaced with "Up to date".
Step 2: Upload Classifier to device
You will need to have Guardian version 1.1.0 to be able to upload classifier in Guardian. If your Guardian is not updated to version 1.1.0, you will not be able to continue upload classifier. Please check out how to update Guardian software.
To upload the Classifier:
1. Connect to Guardian and go to the Guardian Setup Checklist
2. Select "Classifier Upload"
3. You will see the classifiers that you downloaded in Step 1. Press the "Activate" button to upload the desired classifier for the connected device.
Wait for the classifier to be uploaded. This may take up to 2 minutes.
When completely uploaded, the classifier will be activated automatically and will begin to send detections (you should see the "Deactivate" button).
If you need to stop your Guardian device from running the activated classifier, you can connect to the guardian device at any time and deactivate the classifier.
Check out our short how-to tutorials for the following: