RFCx Equipment & Training Requirements
If you are participating in a RFCx-led training session to learn how to set up the AudioMoth device and deploy it using the Companion app, please make sure you and your participants have the following items on-hand or completed prior to the training. Each participant should have the necessary equipment, RFCx account and specified applications downloaded prior to our training session. This will ensure that you and your participants will derive the greatest benefit from our time together and be most successful in your field project.
We strongly recommend each attendee have the following equipment on hand so they are able to participate fully in the training. Scroll down to see photos of the asterisked items below.
- RFCx Edge kit* or AudioMoth device
- Android phone (to download the Companion app)
- USB micro-B* (to transfer data for configuring the AudioMoth)
- MicroSD to USB Adapter* (to allow users to transfer audio to laptop)
Note: you must create an Arbimon account before you are able to log into the RFCx Companion or Uploader.
1. Download the AudioMoth Configuration app to configure your AudioMoth device. This app is available for both macOS and Windows. Download on Windows or Download on macOS. Check out our support article on how to Configure your AudioMoth
3. Download the RFCx Uploader app to upload your audio after retrieving the devices. This app is available for both macOS and Windows. Download on Windows or Download on macOS. Check out our support article on how to Use the Uploader
RFCx Edge Kit (SD card, battery charging cable, bag and silica)
Micros USB Cable
MicroSD USB adapter